Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cop Attacks (Mouthy) Cartwheeler



As a (presently) 26 year old yoga teacher, I spend a lot of time working on finding awareness in my own skin. That awareness makes me comfortable with tapping into the exploration of my body in a variety of ways. Down isn't always up, and sometimes doing a headstand between two chairs is exactly what I want to do. Frankly, 9 year old's and I have a lot in common:
  • Primary Colors
  • Comfort with saying "No!"
  • Love of Super Heroes & Forts
  • Cartwheels
If I were brazenly ticketed and beaten everytime I stood on my hands in public, we'd have to have a Free Michael Fundraiser every three months. Wait? What?

Beaten? Yes.

Okay, for the tl;dr (too long; didn't read) crowd, I've bolded the important points. He's a hottie, he's gay, and he's an actor:

Jessie On The Brink-- "Police Brutality- New York's Finest"


"We cut through the giant main room of Grand Central, and it was really empty so I did a cartwheel. The police called me over, and gave me a ticket for "disorderly conduct". A cartwheel! Are you gonna give every 9 year-old who does a cartwheel a ticket?

It was so unbelievable, and I let them know it. But when they were done issuing me the citation, I start walkinig toward my friend Stace who was waiting nearby. Facing him, not the cops, I
utter an expletive about the cops, and next thing I know I'm being tackled by several policemen from behind.

...

And here's the thing about having your arms behind your back and your head being smashed repeatedly into the floor of Grand Central Station by the very people who are supposed to protect you: the only thing you can try to do is move your neck from side to side -- so that the blunt force will cause more trauma to your head, than to your face. I blacked out."








No comments:

Post a Comment