Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mid City Caffe (no relation) Gets Opening Date

Borderstan Getting New Cafe/Coffee House on 14th Street � Borderstan

Oh my! So, the Mid City Caffe that I told y'all about earlier has an official opening date. The owner and designer, Fernando Acha and Mick Mier, respectively, say that we have counter culture coffee to look forward to beginning June 14th.

So sad I'll miss the grand opening-- just in time for me to be at Bonnaroo, they decide to open. So happy I'll have an alternative to Starbucks and Caribou upon my return, especially when I want some quality espresso. 

They're purporting (via press release) to have outdoor seating... does this mean street level or rooftop? I secretly hope roof top. We can send SOS style light messages from my fire escape over! I sure hope they open the weekend of the 14th... they don't want to miss all the Pride festivities. Pink dollars = good dollars.

Anyway.

Mid City Caffe (above Miss Pixies)
1626 14th Street NW

(also: I don't like the way they're spelling caffe)


No comments:

Post a Comment