Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gettin' High

Circus training � Learning to Fly
"I am officially excited. (Can’t you tell by my tone of typing?)

I just read that trapeze school is coming to D.C.! According to the DCist, classes here start on June 6th, and I, for one, can’t wait."

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh. My. God!

A chance to get to learn how to play on the trapeze? Yes! As some of you may know, when I was in my awkward phase (read: age 9-last week) I was overweight. Not shut-in sized,  mind you, but I definitely shouldn't have been eating in the car for risk of public scorn and ridicule. 

Anyway, we had a pretty great swingset (for Roseanne-level middle class in the early 90s, at least) in the backyard. You know: teeter-totter, tireswing, and two, count 'em, TWO swings.  And a trapeze. I loved hanging on it and doing flips. 

That was until one fateful day when the support beam of the playset gave a mighty crack, like lightening in the woods, and crashed while I hung from atop it. Boom, boom, pow as the song goes. 

In order to regain my dignity and self respect, I think I'm going to have to sign up for a class! 

(yeah, like one class could give me those back...)

No comments:

Post a Comment