Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Brothers

Paul Bockwoldt: A Straight Brother-- New York Characters in Sound and Images - The New York Times

I've been blessed to have some stupdendous friends in my life. Watching this, I thought of my male best friends, most of whom happen to be straight, who eschew their hangups and do things with a gay guy... which, by the by, often prove to be manlier activities than the shit they pull on the regular. Sure, its a little flowery, but yoga's tough. It gets a bad wrap. There is no denying, however, how intense marathon running happens to be... and lets not forget football: it isn't for the delicate. 

This video over at the NYT made me choke up a little: I couldn't help but think of my brother, though not one of blood, Chris. I thought it was beautiful. Go have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment