Friday, April 24, 2009

14th & You: Birch & Barley, ChurchKey Headed to Logan

I couldn't have been happier when Hamburger Mary's became Dakota Cowgirl-- I thought for sure we were getting a decent burger joint in the hood. I was wrong.

I was happy to see it close, thinking it would quickly become something much more smashing. 

"Quick" it hasn't been.

I heard a few months ago we were getting a new restaurant called Birch & Barley as well as a beer mecca called ChurchKey. And now, some news!

According to Pfau, B&B will feature a "modern American menu [that] will pay homage to beer in every way." Morales, who will stay on as executive chef at Alexandria's Rustico, is planning a menu that will feature wood-fired artisanal pizzas, as well as more unique dishes such as "duck confit and Kabocha squash crepes with grilled Mandarin orange and roasted red pepper." Altogether now: Mmmmmmm.

I suppose from the sounds of that, I can be more patient. Mmmm is right!

But, that's just downstairs. What about upstairs, in what used to be Titans Ramrod (that name!)? 

Upstairs, Engert will oversee the selection for beer-heavy "ChurchKey", which will serve over 550 beers representing over 100 styles and 30 countries. 
American food might be my least favorite kind, but the beer pairings... I dream of this kind of stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment