Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Museum Fun!

I'm on the Mall three or four times a week running, and I ride down to the HUD building at 7th and D Street SW every week to teach. I tend to avoid the Air and Space Smithsonian (and most of that sort of tourist ilk) due to my kid aversion.  I do pass by the Hirschorn and a bunch of other not so kid-filled Museums, and they're the spots that tend to get my footraffic. What could draw me in to one of our fair cities more fanny pack friendly museums? 

Pretending to be a forensic anthropologist, perhaps.

Wanna pretend to be Bones as much as I do? Head over to the Natural History Museum for what the Museum is dubbing Forensic Fridays. Check it out this Friday (4.24.09)

Forensic Anthropology Lab: "In the Lab, visitors of all ages will learn that forensic science is far more mysterious and engaging than forensic fiction. They will use real human bones to identify and describe the gender and status of people from the past and draw conclusions about their lives. The focus of the Lab is to help visitors to use the tools and problem solving skills of forensic anthropology to collect and analyze data the way that forensic anthropologists do."

I hear there might be some carnal knowledge between the Bones and the Booth (who will always be Angel from Buffy) on the show this season. Just sayin'. 

1 comment:

Miss Phillips said...

YES, I want to be a forensic anthropologist!!!!

Sorry. I'll try to be calm and adult now. But for reals, let's go.

Post a Comment