Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fat Box

PURESKIN LLC | Skin Rejuvenation For Face And Body | Home:
"Dr. Mordon’s conclusion: “A 40-minute stay (in the Slimdome) can result in 5% reduction in body weight similar to the reduction induced by physical exercise.”"

This fat box boasts magic powers: 600 calories burned in 40 mintues of just sitting around. I've never put any thought into the difference between oily sweat and regular sweat, but this box promises "perspiration from sebaceous glands," aka the sweat made during endurance training.

I don't know that I completely buy it. Do you?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a crock to me. Not ever having run a marathon, I can generally tell you that sweat comes from sweat glands and oil comes from sebaceous glands. And the sebum produced is only 16% fatty acids anyways. So if you imagine a tablespoon of butter as 100 calories, you'd have to "sweat" about 2 1/3 cups of sebum in order to lose 600 calories.

Post a Comment