Saturday, April 25, 2009

Protesters Come To Me


Vandalism Arrests Amid IMF and World Bank Meetings- washingtonpost.com
“An off-duty D.C. police officer working security at a drug store this morning spotted the six breaking windows of a Wachovia Bank branch and a PNC bank branch in the 1400 block of P St NW, Crane said. The officer arrested two of the suspects."

If I were a protester (and occasionally I am), I'd be sure to target my message for effect. The six would-be Guerra's who ruined the view from my window (by smashing someone else's) seem to have missed a few points:

Firstly, the PNC isn't a megabank like Citibank, and thusly probably didn't really deserve to have all of its windows smashed in. 

Secondly, the poor bastards whose cars were trashed with spray probably didn't deserve to have to head over to Maaco this afternoon. 

All I can think is that stupid freakin' overprivledged children need to move the fuck along. Its like the girl who was flipping out at the cashier for giving her a brown bag when she said she didn't want one: you're issues needn't be taken out on undeserving folk, no matter how much stock you put in your "cause."

As for the girl yelling at the cashier, I quickly silenced her with a "who do you think you, are acting like this in public?" kind of rebuke. The cashier's eyes said thank you, the girl's said "I make more money than her I can do what I want." 

She did sheepishly apologize. Its good that the other folks were apprehended with immediacy, maybe the repairs for the cars and windows won't come out of pocket. 

One good thing: the local economy got a little nudge, as I saw people working on a Saturday, towin' and fixin'!

3 comments:

Sean Robertson said...

These people really have some kind of nerve pulling crap like that. PNC is actually one of the few banks not involved in the crap they're protesting. Those jackass criminals give us true progressives a bad name. All they did was waste their time and energy and (potentially) land themselves a felony record.

Luckily I was out of town in Baltimore when all this went down, but I guess I'll see the evidence when I go to Halo tonight. ;-)

Michael said...

The Police had the good sense to put up some yellow cautionary tape when they were assessing the scene.

The gorgeous weather could have crafted quite the calamity, what with all the boys on their way to Halo/Starbucks/Lululemon in their flip flops.

Oh the glass-through-flop horror ;-)

~Penelope said...

http://www.princeofpetworth.com/2009/04/do-imf-protesters-also-hate-general-logan/

Post a Comment