Monday, April 27, 2009

Gwenyth's Salad Dressing



I can't believe I'm reposting a recipe from Gwenyth Paltrow. I don't make nearly enough money to be chillin' with Madonna's bestie, but that doesn't mean I can't steal some of her dietitian's very best secrets. 

Anyway, regardless of what you think about Chris Martin's Missus,  I think this dressing is slamming. You can get the rest of her salad recipe from the "Detox" issue of her newsletter, GOOP.

I feel the same way about Burberry as I do about GOOP. I get laughs and occasionally inspiration from those who live a dramatically different life (read: more money more ...something...). Okay, from GOOP, there's a higher laughter-to-inspire ratio, but whatever. Not unlike Burberry, if I save my pennies, I can take one of the good ideas home.

This dressing counts as a good one:
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
  • 2 tablespoons water
Throw everything in a blender/food processor/magic bullet and call it a day. With all the fresh arugula and delicious greens coming up at the Farmer's Market, I'm sure you won't lack for something yummy to throw this simple recipe on.

No comments:

Post a Comment